While I am not a purse-carrier, I do carry a very big bag to work every day, filled with whatever I might want or need at any given time. (Don’t worry… this is NOT a post about make-up!) My purple bag, in fact, seems to have a life of its own, accumulating many random things and needing a good clean-out every so often. That time has come! To make it a bit more fun for me, I’m going to share a few of the odd things that have somehow found their way into the bag.
- A pack of 10 Richard Armitage “trading cards”, made for me by my niece at Christmas. Somehow I don’t think you’re surprised that these have followed me to work!
- A DVD of The Sound of Music, given to me for Christmas by one of my work friends so that I could relive the live experience that we saw together a few weeks earlier. I suppose it’s time that it found its way to my living room!
- The Lords of the North MP3 audiobook, narrated by Richard Armitage. I listened to it twice in the car and wrote about it here. I’ve since bought and begun reading a set of the first six books in the series on iBooks (so I can read without turning on a light and disturbing the sleeping husband). When I get to the third one, I’ll probably want to have a certain English actor read it to me again!
- A special offer to see Mamma Mia! at a reduced rate and get a second show for free. Has anyone seen Fun Home and if so, is it good? The internet tells me that it is a Broadway musical adaptation of a graphic-memoir by Alison Bechdel, about her discovery of her own sexuality and her relationship with her also gay father.
- A nice Roots wallet that I bought in the fall, which was in theory supposed to make me and my bag more organized. Unfortunately,
I have failed…it is completely empty and all my cards and money are loose in the bag! Maybe one day…
- A cute tiny book of Buddhist wisdom that I picked up for free at a vegetarian fusion restaurant beside my office. Perhaps its philosophy will help me one day to organize my wallet. “Since everything is a reflection of our minds, everything can be changed by our minds.”
- A black zippered case with some alternate words to live by
which could explain why I have not been reading so much lately!
- Handmade earrings I bought at a United Way auction, crafted by a talented woman at work.
- Starbucks Essentials… at least if I end up stranded somewhere, I will never run out of
Well, thanks for helping to make an unpleasant task a little more fun! My bag is now organized for the start of the work week — although the wallet may have to stay empty until another day!
What odd things do you have in your bag?